Home Home Home

January 7, 2015

My Little Pregnancy Secret

In this new year, I want to be completely frank and outright.

The only baby book that I made it all the way through was Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy.

I loved it.
I tried to read Ina May’s guide to Natural Child Birth….
I stopped about 40 pages in and decided that while each testimony was interesting… Experiencing childbirth myself would be more helpful.
Plus, I evidently really like statistics to be included when someone or something claims to be 'better' for someone.
Even then, it's to each their own. 

I tried, I really did.
I tried to read and be more aware of what I was going through and what kind of being I was bringing into the world.
I planned on being up to date on parenting methods and birthing techniques.

I’m not even sure Jake did more than page through a dad focused parenting book while he was lounging in the bathroom.
That’s where I put the book, at least.

Some parents may call it a fail.
I call it a Godsend.
A learning experience.

I feel more focused on our lives, our experiences, our mistakes.
I’m not trying to rack my brain for an answer to a problem that is only kind of like something similar to what we come up against.

I am surrounded by mothers who have been through what I’m going through.
They are a wealth of wisdom.

Have you ever done anything like that... Prepped with all the best intentions, then completely blew it?
You aren't alone.

No comments: