Home Home Home

January 8, 2015

Jaxon's First Christmas and New Years

Jaxon’s first Christmas was a week full of excitement and family.
We started out the celebrating with Jake’s Dad and step-mom.
We packed up their gifts and an awesome Brussel sprouts recipe and ourselves into the car to visit with family.
It was a great little family party with the kiddo’s loving opening presents.
It was such a whirlwind of activity with the 5 kids. I felt that if I blinked, I would miss it.
Jaxon didn’t quite ‘get’ the idea of opening presents, but my older nephews were more than willing to help him.
It was cute.
We finished off the night by going to our church service to see my nephew in a Christmas concert.
It was truly entertaining.

The days between were spent in a flurry of wrapping paper and ribbon.
Our family getting bigger has resulted in me using more gift bags and tissue paper than ever before.
I blame it on odd shaped presents, like soccer balls.

Christmas eve I spent the first church service with my parents in 5 years.
I left Jaxon and Jake at home with his side of the family so I could see my nieces in their Christmas pageant.
I couldn’t miss out on baby Quinn being baby Jesus!
I rushed home and opened presents with Jake’s side of the family.
This time Jaxon seemed to catch on to the whole present idea, grabbing any paper he could between his two hands and dancing with it in the air.
It was priceless.

Christmas morning Jake and I packed up the boy and headed over to my parent’s house.
By that time Jaxon was so over stimulated and over tired that he actually slept sprawled over my lap as I opened my presents and his.

The rest of the day was spent playing and spending time with people that we love.
When we finally went home we stocked up on leftovers and relaxed.
It was a success, all around!

New Years was a little different. 
We decided to treat it like any other night.
Jaxon and I were both in bed by 9:45pm.
Happy New Year!

No comments: