Home Home Home

August 5, 2014

Diaper Bag Review: Skip Hop Duo Essedntials in Onyx Tile

Jaxon is almost 4 months old! 
I can't believe it!
Please, someone tell me it isn't true!

He has been in cloth diapers since he was just under a month old.
(We were gifted a ton of pampers that got us through the first month.)

Since then, it has been all about trial and error when it comes to the diaper bag. 

I have a Skip Hop Duo Essentials diaper bag, in Onyx Tile.

Pros:
Cute pattern. it's very 'me' while being manly enough for Jake to carry.

Attached stroller straps.
This is pretty awesome. I'm pretty against having to buy extras and having the stroller straps as a part of the bag's design is great. Whenever I use the stroller, I try to get the bag up so that it is easily accessed. 

Lots of functional pockets:
The outside pockets are nice sized for stashing hand wipes, binkies, small toys and chapstick. The quick grab essentials.
The inside pockets are standard. They fit about 3-4 onsies... Or 4 disposable diapers and a small package of wipes. I roll up my nursing cover and put it in there for easy access.
There are 2 zipper pockets that are at the top of the bag. This is where my 'mommy pocket' is that holds my spare makeup and sunglasses.
The other zipper pocket holds all Jaxon's essentials like mineral based sunscreen, gas drops, nasal saline drops... Those kinds of things.



Cons:
Deep Bag.
This is a con for me because I want to be able to reach for everything easily. With this bag I have to have the diapers on the bottom and stack everything else on top. It's doable, just not convenient.

You can't stuff this bag too full.
.. The second you fill this bag to capacity you no longer are able to close any of the pockets. I have had things on top of my bag fall out of the top and go all over the place. One time my wallet fell out onto our driveway and I didn't even know it until I got back home!

No short handles.
I have found that if I am carrying Jaxon in a wrap that I am unable to wear the bag. If I try to, I have to do it on one shoulder and I find myself leaning to keep it on. I would prefer having a short handle for the occasions when I am by myself, or only carrying the bag short distances. I do know that Skip Hop just came out with the Duo Signature which fixes this pet peeve. Too bad they just released it a few weeks ago.

The 'Phone Pocket' doesn't fit my iPhone.


All-in-all, it's not a bad bag. I just wish it I could fit a little bit more in the big pocket and have it still close properly.

I am undecided if I am going to search for a new bag or not.
Probably not... But we will see.

No comments: