Home Home Home

April 3, 2014

39 Weeks: Staring at the Finish Line

39 Weeks

This boy is going to hold on until the last minute, I just know it.

I can’t believe that it’s been 10 months of me carrying this precious boy inside of me.
I’m over it… Don’t get me wrong.
But I know that I’ll miss him there.

I’m still making progress.
60% effaced and a very loose 2cm dialated.
I guess that is pretty good.
My OB gave me a 50/50 chance of going into labor on my own.

This week marks when I got my stretch marks.
It’s been a pretty traumatic discovery.
Something telling me that my life, and body, really will never be the same.
Yet one more thing to tell me that.
I don’t really mind, I am not too sure that 2 pieces are really what I want to be in anyway.
They’re fairly small, branching up from my belly button, going a little diagonal below it.
I have been pushing them together to keep track of their position and progress.
Jake doesn’t like it.
Nothing better than freaking out your husband by smashing your belly skin.
I may or may not have made it talk.

My mobility is at 20%
I’m walking like a duck.
My pelvic bone hurts almost all the time.
My ligaments are all loose, so my knees hurt.

I’m still taking the stairs when I have the chance.
I’m doing a 10 minute walk to and from my car on work days.
Then walking the dog, when I can.
That’s about it, exercise wise.

I’ve been on half days this week and couldn’t be more thankful for it.
We mainly chose to do it because my edema has been so consistent.
And my irritability in the afternoon is pretty intense.
Only having to be at work for little over 4 hours is pretty amazing.

We have everything set up that needs to be set up.

My dad is making our crib and it is into the staining stage of things I can’t wait until it’s done!
MIL finished Jaxon’s crib quilt and I ADORE it.
Our bags are packed.
Our car seat is installed.


We’re ready for him to be here already!

No comments: