Home Home Home

March 3, 2014

Oscars 2014

I know that there is a lot going on in the world right now. And like everyone else I’m going to talk about something that I can actually weigh in on and know what I’m talking about.

The Oscars!
Without seeing any of the movies (except Frozen) I was fairly close.
But let’s get down to the juicy stuff…
The Dresses!!!!!

Since I always prefer to see red carpet arrivals so I can make my own conclusion.

My Favorites
{I adore this art deco look. Way to class it up Gaga!}
{I really like this half cape and the draping.}
{This dress. Yes! I love it.}
{I really like the hip fluff. I can't help it.}
{Thank you for wearing a unusual color. plus your dress is AMAZING!}
{I'm telling you. That hip fluf is so vintage. I love it.}
{I adore the simplicity with the gorgeous gold cape!}
{The baby blue. The shape. It's heaven}

Not Thrilled
{This looks like a black suit of armor...}
{This is not the most flattering dress... At all.}
{The color is classy, the shape is not.} 
{Did she steal this dress from Meryl Streep?}
{It looks like there are paper snowmen attached to her dress...}
{The only reason I say not quite to this is because I think I've seen this same combination on Meryl about 49581612 times...}

The Pregos!!!
{Interesting choice with the waistline... But hey!}
{Now that's what I'm talking about!}
{The black hides the bump. But she still looks great.}
My all time favorite of the night!
{GET IT!!}

1 comment:

Kacie said...

I also loved the art deco beading as well as the elegant cap sleeves going on. I had no clue cap sleeves could be elegant, but apparently with the right detailing voila!

I'm not usually a fan of the whole peplum thing, even if it is vintage (perhaps it's because it gives people hips and it just makes me look like a hippo because I've definitely got hips, so I'm jelly) but I loved the way it laid on everyone, except for Julia.

I have to disagree on Emma. I thought she looked really classy and appropriate for her role, being there as a presenter and not a nominee.

And the colors on Idina and Sandra's dresses are gorgeous! I love jewel tones.

I was surprised with how not too bad the misses were this year. Except for Liza's. That lady, whew.