Home Home Home

March 20, 2014

36 weeks: 9 Months: Jax is a Melon!

If you don't want to say Melon with a Christopher Walken accent, shame on you.



Jaxon started off week 36 making me very nervous.
He flipped sides, so his feet were pushing off my left hip bone and seemed to have gotten himself into a really comfortable position, or a tough one, where he wasn't as into moving and stretching as before.
It made me paranoid.

He's perfectly fine and all of my kick counts have been perfect, finishing my 10-15 kicks in 15 minutes or less.

My reflux is getting a little more frequent, but it's not too big of a deal.

I've been having a lot of pelvic pressure...
It's a new and interesting feeling that I'm not quite sure how to deal with.

Bags are packed.

my appetite has lessened significantly. 
I don't know if it is due to Jax's size or my reflux.
Bring on the power bars and forced meals.

My energy was really bad at the end of last week. 

I have my prenatal massage this weekend and I'm SO excited about it.

Mom and I went out and did a little things shopping trip to be sure that I had all the common things that might not have been though of before.
I love that someone wanted to go shopping with me.
Jake isn't so into baby prep shopping yet. 
I'm all about stopping and looking things over, getting competitive pricing and reading ingredients.
He doesn't have the patients for that quite yet.
He would much rather I already know what I want to get. 
Once I make all the decisions and he just has to restock he will be a happy boy.

We haven't set up the nursery yet because of how busy we have been.
We did make sure to unpack and put together the glider, just in case Jaxon chose to make an early appearance.
Everything else is on hold.
I know that family members are more than willing to help out, but in all honesty I'm OK with how things are going. 
But I want my husband to be able to help out, for his sake as much as mine.

Jaxon has a bed in our room all ready to go, and that is the most important part..
Everything else, in all honesty, is fluff.
Just so long as he is healthy he could even sleep in a basket...
Not that I'm promoting that, but I'm just saying.

Today, we had a scan to check Jaxon's vitals and everything.
Since he was measuring large, my Dr. wanted to be sure that it wouldn't be an issue for labor.
His femur is measuring at 74th percentile.
His belly is measuring at 85th percentile.
His head is measuring at 95th percentile.
Yes, his head is measuring at 41 weeks and I'm going to give birth to a bobble head.
It's going to be great!
And no, I'm not kidding.
My Dr. guessed that he is currently around 7lbs 2oz right now.
He is going to possibly be 8 to 8.5lbs!
Now., that's a BIG boy!

No comments: