Home Home Home

February 6, 2014

30 Weeks



10 weeks left.
I can’t believe it.
That’s impossible.
 
This week has been really great.
We had our OB apt and we now know that Little Man is head down.
He has 2 favorite positions that he varies between, and one is with his head locked down in my pelvis.
It’s a new feeling, but one that I’m thankful for.
I was really nervous that he was going to stay breech. Jake was too, because he said a reverent, ‘Thank the Lord’ when our Dr. confirmed that he was head down.
 
Then he was weirded out when the Doc had him feel and wiggle Little Man’s head.
It was so cute, seeing him afraid that he was going to damage something.
It was also weird to feel my sons head wiggled back and forth.
I’m use to jumps and kicks, not someone else wiggling him.
He protested it with some spastic movement afterward.
It was cute.
 
I’m trying to get myself ready for Little Man actually being here with us, instead of just with me all the time.
I’m taking those precious minutes to spend just praying and contemplating the eyes he’ll have. 
His cute little (or possibly big) nose. 
Will his hair be dark?
I know that nothing can prepare you for the perfection that you get hit with when staring at your child for the first time… But I’m also trying to soak in as much ‘us’ time before I have to share him with everyone else.
Quiet baths are good for that.
I hum and chat with Asher and Zeke when they come to visit.
Really, I challenge them to get in the bath with me.
And splash them.
I know, I know. I’m mean.
But I do love that purposeful, special time just marveling in the joy and wonder of carrying one of God's precious miracles.
 
It’s been officially decided that I am going to be returning to work after Little Man is here.
I’m at peace with the idea.
The only reason it’s sitting as well with me as it is, is because we are blessed beyond measure to have SIL able to watch Little Man during the day.
I love that the stress and fears about leaving Little Man with complete strangers is gone.
Having family and love in the daycare equation is just such a relief.

 Asher has started to get a little more needy.

I guess, Jake has to deal with a menace of a little guy when he s home by himself.
He is pretty good with me, but I think that the show is really getting to him. Maybe I just ignore his little temper tantrums when he wants to go outside to stand there and come right back in.
Asher has taken to snuggling closer. Usually, before, he would always lay by our legs. Now, about half the time, he opts to lay up by our chests. I’m wondering if it is one of those funny things that dogs do when babies are on their way.

It also probably means that we should start the little things to prepare him, and Zeke the monster cat, for Little Man’s arrival.

I've come to love the library.
Last week I went in search of a Lamaze video, because Jake and I weren't able to fit a class into our schedule.
I came out with 2 videos on labor and about 4-5 books to peruse.
I have a family with many different birth experiences, which I’m thankful for. I have been picking their brains and trying to be sure that I have an idea of what to expect, no matter what choices I make in the labor room.
I’m trying to keep an open mind.
I’ve actually decided that I don’t want to write a birth plan. I’ll have a few requests when it comes to littler things… But I’m going to have the experience that God has planned for me. I’m not going to resist and I’m not going to set myself up for disappointment. What is meant to happen, will happen.
I’m still researching and making myself prepared for every circumstance. I’m just not going to be close minded.

The newest thing that is going on with my body is that I’ve developed a little Restless Leg Syndrome.
It’s only happened a hand full of times, but it’s lovely, let me tell you.
I’ll be sitting on the couch and I’ll have to just shake my legs out. Or I’ll be in bed, trying to fall asleep and need to get up and do a little shake dance.
I feel ridiculous… And I probably look like a toddler dong the ‘get your wiggles out’ dance.
I have a talent for the ridiculous, evidently.
I've read a little about it and how pregnancy can make it worse during months 7-9.
There isn't really any known cause, and people differ on ways to help it.
I've come to find that my baths help.
Pretty convenient, if you ask me.
I may see if maybe a blood builder vitamin would help.
My OB has given it as an example in case I was anemic. But I didn't think I would get it when all my testing came back without any irregularities.
We will see if it becomes more of an issue.

I'm excited and terrified of these last 10 weeks.

1 comment:

Kacie said...

I love reading your thoughts on your pregnancy and seeing how laid back you seem to be about it all. I'm excited for you guys :)