Home Home Home

January 23, 2014

28 Weeks: A Large Eggplant

With Little Man being 2 1/4 pounds, more and more often I'm ignoring feeling 'big'.
It's so funny because WK is 3 weeks ahead of me and carrying little Charlotte so differently that you would guess that I'm the one 3 weeks ahead.
It's interesting, for sure.

I'm feeling tremor, or seesaw, type movements every once in a while. I'm not really sure what he is doing, but it's pretty funny. But I truly do feel everything with this boy!

The modified bend has come into play. I now look like a typical pregnant woman whenever I drop something or have to reach really far to grab anything.

Little Man in finally starting to show himself in my breath support and singing. My teacher said it was pretty funny to hear when he would rise up under my diaphragm and make singing near impossible. But then seconds later he would move and things would be normal again.
Funny for him, I was sweating through the lesson because I was trying to find new ways to compensate.
Talk about thinking while you sing.

I've grown out of the maternity clothes I wore at the beginning of my 2nd semester. 
Not fun.
But it's good because I can pass them on to others who need them. In our family, it's a rotating maternity wardrobe.

I have scheduled maternity pictures. I'm really excited for them because we have a beautiful wooded walking path near our condo, along with a pretty large pond not too far from it. I'm hoping to get indoor and outdoor pictures and really have a wide variety of pictures to choose from.

The baby shower planning is in full swing. I'm a little nervous because it's a little later than I would like, but with 3 moms moms and 4 sisters, it was really hard to find a day that worked for everyone. Unfortunately we had to go with the majority. I'm sad about it, but my family is huge.

I'm nervous only because Little Man is measuring so big... I wouldn't be surprised if he came early.
We don't have another ultrasound until the beginning of February, so maybe the numbers will change... But with him possibly being big, he may decide that 40 weeks is overrated.
Then what if we don't have everything ready for him when he gets here.
Basically I am mentally prepping myself that he will be here early. Not because I want him to... But because he may be a linebacker.

It's funny, because of his size my opinion on labor and delivery has completely opened. 
I'll d what I need to do when I need to do it.
Every woman should feel that way.
Now that I'm getting into that 'motherhood club' I can see how nonsensical it is for people to talk about being a mother or labor when they haven't experienced it themselves. 
Yep. It's the whole 'don't judge till you walk a mile in their shoes' thing.


No comments: