Home Home Home

December 26, 2013

Week 24: Merry Christmas to you and my Canteloupe

I pass 24 weeks on the 24th.

Anyone else think it's funny?

This week was a whirlwind of things. Christmas with Jake's Dad, wrapping presents, purchasing the last of the Christmas gifts, Cleaning the house, watching Downton Abbey season 1....

Ok, ok so that last one was the elective bit.

I'm feeling really good. 
I'm starting to have swelling issues a little more often. Now, I'll let you know that my fingers are very small. My wedding ring is a size 4.75... So my hands still look 'normal'. But I'm learning to deal with the weird feeling that my fingers and toes are not my own. I'm trying to really pump up my water intake and keep my feet elevated, along with trying to remain on my left side in bed. I don't know if it's helping at all, but I'm trying. 
I'm really glad that I took off my rings when I did. 
Better safe than sorry.

And dreams about needing to find a bathroom waking me up to go. That's been interesting, but helpful.
I'm actually feeling pretty well rested, despite waking up 1-2 times a night. I think sleeping from 9-11:30 pm, when Jake gets home from 2nd shift, helps.

The pets have started taking to Jake lately. 
Both of my little boys, Zeke and Asher, want to be with Jake to sleep. I'm a little salty about it, but I move so much now that I don't blame them. At least they like me all the rest of the time...
Most of the time.

No weight gain this week. I know it shouldn't matter, but I count that as a point in my favor.

Little Man has a name now... We are waiting until much later to reveal it to people outside of the family. It's a good one. Nice and strong. Something that will be able to grow with him and still seem appropriate whether he is a painter or a doctor.

I'm terrible about getting pictures, even at family events...
But there is bound to be one out there somewhere.
If nothing else I'll take one tonight or tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

No comments: