Home Home Home

December 16, 2013

School Update

Another semester of Jake schooling is done.
Praise the Lord.

He is taking the second series of all his classes next semester, then he will be dome with all of his pre-requisites for med school. His plan is to take a MCAT prep test right off the bat, possibly during or even before next semester. Once he sees where he stands he will either take the real thing, with some personal prep, or sign up for a prep course. We are hoping that he will take the MCAT test before or during my maternity leave. Then applications will start going out.
We are aiming for the 2015 school year.
(Something about MCAT tests being applicable for the following year. I’m not sure I quite understand that timeline.)

To be completely honest, I’m fairly convinced that we will be at Jake’s #1 or #2 choice.
I’m trusting the Lord and praying constantly. That’s my version of convinced. Along with Jake being a Vet, Native American, and having worked in the medical field for 4 years might help a little bit.
I’m not ashamed to be proud of those things. Getting in is the important part. And if anyone has earned the right to benefits provided by circumstance, it’s Jake.  I sure do love that man.

In the meantime, other than the last semester of school, Jake will go back to being a full timer at work. I’m not complaining. Anything to help make the burden of med school loans a little lighter will be appreciated.

I’m terrified of Med school loans.
Loans in general are such a foreign idea to us. We were blessed in that respect. I only ended up needing a loan for my senior year in college, and that was paid off last year.
*happy dance*
That little loan is nothing in comparison of the monster that will accumulate over the next 8 years. I just pray that my children won’t inherit that loan.

The ‘sit and wait’ is getting close to being done. I’m excited for that. Although after this chapter is over, we will be starting another long chapter. I should probably stop looking so far ahead and just enjoy all of the good in my life.

Aaah. What a great glimpse of sanity.
Well, it was nice while it lasted.


Off I go to research school loans, pediatricians and day care providers.

No comments: