Home Home Home

October 3, 2013

Week 6: My Sweet Pea

 August 20th 2013

6 weeks today!
Our little one is the size of a grain of rice or a sweet pea, depending on who you ask!
It's so weird to think that something so small is making all of these weird changes happen.
I'm telling you, I can feel my insides moving.
Stretching back, twisting and forward bends are getting uncomfortable... Which makes my morning stretches really hard to do.
Not being comfortable cracking my back, especially with this back pain that I've been feeling is kinda frustrating.

I'm feeling pretty good.
My nausea feels like I'm overly hungry, so it's not as pressing right now.
I'm sure that could change, but I'm thankful for it right now.
Being tired Isn't new.
I'm just glad that I have an excuse for napping after work.
The moodiness is completely new.
And shocking.
I never though I would be 'one of those' pregnant women.
I try to keep it to myself, for the most part...
If I didn't, people would put me in seclusion.

I've been noshing on bananas, with honey and cinnamon.
It's delicious.
Not really a craving, but an easy little snack that is healthier than the chex mix we have right now.

I found myself missing alcohol for the first time.
Over the weekend SIL, who is 30 weeks pregnant, started talking about margaritas and mojitos.
Mmmm, just the word mojito.
I don''t want to talk about it.

One thing that I know that I have to be extra careful and aware of is comparing myself.
It's a long and involved issue that I have, that many women have.
With SIL and WJ being due this late fall/winter it's very interesting to see them and listen to their experiences.
Then, tailing WK in pregnancy by a mere 4 weeks makes me even more nervous, even though I know that it is different with all three of them going through their second/third pregnancies and me, my first.
Everyone does things differently.
Everyone makes different choices.
Everyone has different opinions.
Everyone has different doctors.
It's really interesting being the last one.
Not just in position in the line up, but do be going through pregnancy.
I thought that I would remember everything from when everyone went through it before.
I'm truly learning everything like it's the first time I've heard it.
Maybe it's because I actually have to apply what I've been told.

I really can't wait until I get to see our little one on that screen in 4 weeks.
I just want every confirmation possible.
I also really want Jake to connect.
He's a boy, and while his provider mode is good and expected... It's exhausting and a little confusing.
Add my crazy hormones into the mix and you get an interesting pairing in the two of us.

I'm loving this time.
It sounds like a lot of complaining...
But I love that I'm pregnant even more than I love the fact that I truly will not be visited by the crimson tide for almost a year.
I hear the angels singing.
All the craziness and hormones and weird body stuff is for the most beautiful reason in the whole world.
<3

No comments: