Home Home Home

October 1, 2013

Week 4: My Poppy Seed

 August 6th, 2013

How Far Along: 
4 weeks today by my calculations. Thank you very much 31 day cycles.

Size Of Baby: 
Small poppy seed.
Um, that's small.


Best Moment of the Week: 
Getting a positive and scheduling my first appointment!!

What I am Looking Forward to: 
Telling out parents and our first appointment!


Symptoms: 
Today must have been implantation day, because I was cramping a lot of the morning.
I can't tell if my hunger is increasing, or if skipping breakfast for so long really is what this is all. Now that I am trying to have an oatmeal bar in the morning I am hungry ALL day. 
I am snacking constantly because of my hunger pains.
Looks like it's time to bring in the local, healthy snacks.
Sugar snap peas and raspberries are really awesome right now, but I wouldn't call it a craving.

Nursery: 
It's currently a giant walk in closet and sewing room.
I'm not going to like loosing that.

Emotions: 
I tested yesterday morning.
And again after work.
It is very surreal to know that I am pregnant. I've been waiting and wanting for so long that knowing that I tested positive is just crazy. I told Jake right after taking my test... At 5:30am. He wanted to see the test and we had a quiet moment together. Me grinning like an idiot and him sleepily blown away. 
I went to work and managed to not tell my sister or parents.
Jake went and bought a store test for me. 
(The first that I took was from an ovulation test kit and he wanted a little more validation.)
The plus sign showed up RIGHT away.
Pregnant.
Pregnant!!
I still can't believe it!
Jake is stressed, but excited, and that is all that matters.

2 comments:

Darby Hawley said...

ahhhhhh!!!! I'm so thrilled for you!!!! Praying for a healthy baby and a growing and deepening marriage!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Holy Crap! Did I miss an announcement?! Congrats!!