Home Home Home

October 3, 2013

Newly Pregnant Realizations and Ponderings

Realizations

Aug 6th
  • Having every pregnancy site blocked due to 'mature content' makes for a very bored prego.
  • I do not want to live in our condo for another full year.
  • The real challenge is keeping my husband from blurting out the news, not me.
  • Another Challenge is not letting this completely take over my brain. I still have things to do and a husband to love. While he is excited, see above, he is not as obsessive as I am.
  • Our self-estimated due date is Paisley's birthday. I don't know how I feel about that.
  • Bloating sucks.
  • Stretching feels really weird now. My stomach feels like there is a tight string going from my rib cage to my belly button. Not fun. Probably not pregnancy related, but still annoying.

August 7th
  • Do we need another car? I really don't want to deal with a second car payment.
  • What if it's twins? Or triplets? Jake just said 'Hey, one and done!'... Don't put that on me, Rickey Bobby!
  • I really don't want to stay in our condo for a whole year. I want to be able to truly make a nursery... And that place doesn't have enough closet space for the three of us. Sharing a closet/room is a recipe for the messiest disaster ever.
  • I need to turn up the cardio. Or start it.
  • My prenatal vitamin is throwing my whole internal schedule off. It's pissing me off.
  • I had an armaretto sour on July 28th. I have no idea if I was pregnant or not yet.
  • Poison ivy without Benedryl SUCKS!
  • Jake is worse about keeping secrets than I am. He is so ready to let everyone know, that I'm having to talk him out of it and plan specific days for sharing our big news. It's almost exhausting. Parents first. Then wait a week and tell siblings. No facebook or blog posts until after the first trimester is over.

August 8th
  • Having a mother who is a mother/infant nurse is pretty intense. Now I know how all 'my pregos' felt when she talked to them. You want to listen to everything she says. She also has the ability to put the fear of God into you.
  • I am completely afraid of labor.
  • My first pregnancy dream consisted of WK working in my building, my supervisor finding out I was pregnant before family and me having to chase down WK to tell her before the 'surprise' party.
  • Having 'The Bump' as the only open tab on your tablet when you open it around family means lying. Lies, lies lies lies....
  • Water all the time = Peeing. All. The. Time.
  • After I get my Invisalign buttons off, I'll probably need a bleaching treatment.... Looks like that's not happening until after breastfeeding is done.... Great.
  • I really do want to aim to be organic and healthy throughout this process and beyond, if I can.

August 9th
  • Every woman, and every pregnancy is different. I'm me. They are them. I need to do what I know is best for me. What works for me. What I want.... I also need to be sure to listen graciously and with an open mind and heart.
  • We're getting ready to share the news with my parents tonight, and Jake's mom and step dad tomorrow. I'm kinda sad to let this little secret go. I think it has bringing Jake and I closer together.
  • Last night I had a dream about going to a summer camp with WK, her dad, Big Sis and Jake... I had forgotten my bathing suit and had to have WK's dad drive me to find one. The only suits that any store had was a navy, vintage, high waisted 2 piece. It was weird.
  • ... If these little snaps that I'm having are any indication of complete mood swings to come, the world is in trouble.

August 13th
  • Jake wished for twins.... What if God was listening?.............................
  • We told our family over the weekend. Mainly we did this because SFIL is going to be doing radiation therapy for his thyroid and we thought sharing beforehand would be an extra positive for Grandparents to focus on. Jake also hated keeping it a secret.
  • Having the family know about the pregnancy this early is good and a little nerve wrecking. I'm really glad that someone else knows, and the support is amazing... But I'm worried about it getting out all the time... I also really loved having that little, sweet secret just between Jake and I. It was romantic.
  • I'm a planner. I'm already thinking strollers, themes, names. Jake is thinking MCAT. It's kinda hard because I want him to excited about the details... But I understand that he is going into provider mode.
August 15th
  • I am having major mood swings. Especially with patients that call me 'Hun' or 'sweetheart'.
  • OJ is now off limits. This is the worst I've felt in months...
August 22nd
  • I'm sleeping all the time. I'll be so lazy after getting home that I'll maybe do 1 productive thing, then turn on Antiques Road Show on Netflix and end up passing out.
August 23rd
  • Looking up everything I want to eat is a little tiring... Maybe organic isn't the best way to go. Anything unpasteurized is basically, an absolute no.
  • It must be nice to have no other responsibilities, other than to your family. And I don't mean that sarcastically.
  • I don't want to come back to work after I'm off for maternity leave. Unfortunately, I don't have a choice in the matter.
August 29th
  • While I've never had motion sickness, I'm constantly scared that morning sickness is similar. I'm afraid to drive myself anywhere when I'm having a really bad nauseous time... I've been told this is inaccurate. I don't believe them.
  • I'm terrible at taking belly pictures. I am into my pj's earlier and earlier every day.............. Maybe I should re-evaluate my life. lol

No comments: