Home Home Home

July 29, 2013

Funny Things Happen After Shows...

So, a lot of people came up to me after the show to congratulate and talk. 
A lot of funny things get said in those moments.

Old Lady: Darling, you were marvelous. What is it that you do?
Me: Thank you so much! I work at OSU.
Old Lady: Well, what are you going to do after this?
Me: Oh, I don't know. Love on my husband and maybe have some babies.
Old Lady: (Giving me 'the look') Come on now. Career first, dear!

Enter my mom, who had been eaves dropping, like any proud mother.

Mom: I'm her mom, and I'm perfectly fine with babies!

Then they started to chuckle.
Then my mom got congratulated on my performance.

It was pretty funny!
---------------------------------

I signed 1 autograph and took 3-4 pictures with some kids.
It was really weird.
I think I wrote 'I hope you liked the show!' like a big idiot.

-------------------------

My mom was telling, literally, every person she passed that Eponine was her baby.
Even in the bathroom.
To my fellow cast mates...




It was a really great show!
We performed in an auditorium that could hold 900.
Our 'normal' attendance for our summer show is 380-500 per night.
Friday night we sold 884 tickets.
Saturday we sold 835 tickets.
Sunday we sold around 680 tickets.
It was an amazing rush, seeing nearly every seat filled.

No comments: