Home Home Home

June 10, 2013

Update: DIY Laundry Detergent

My DIY Laundry Detergent's mortal enemy?

Eczema.

Jake didn't tell me that bar soap made his eczema worse.
After about 2 weeks and 6-7 loads of laundry done and put away, I had to toss my mixture.
My husband sometimes looks like he has leopard spots on his sides, legs and under arms.

Standing in the detergent isle at the store, staring at the price of a box of detergent, I decided to do more research before buying anything.

Jake's eczema is fairly mild.
We aren't sure if it's a food reaction or something external.
My guess is external, with his reaction to the ivory in my home made detergent.
Usually, he gets prescription ointments (that he barely ever uses) to help.
He has a personal vendetta against lotion.
As in he only agrees to it if I'm the one putting it on.
I love Jake, but I tell him no.

Going through many articles, aimed at babies, not grown ups, I have decided that Jake will be going to the Dr to get an allergy test done.
Until then All Free and Clear is what we are using.

To say I'm sad is an understatement.
I was really excited at the idea of beating the system.
I'll figure it out, eventually.

No comments: