Home Home Home

May 13, 2013

Things I Believe In

A few years ago I posted about things I don't believe in.

In light of the tragic incidents that have happened here in the US, and around the world, I wanted to share a post about the things I do believe in, with every fiber of my being.


I believe in God.
He is my rock. 
I'm often out of control and I veer off course, but I'm always able to center myself and re-balance because of my faith in Jesus Christ.
Faith based in hope can heal the worst wounds, the wounds of the heart.

I believe in the Bible.
I know that in this day and age, especially with my generation, it is a bold statement to make.
I can't help but believe that these events happened. They are a true history of the world. Many people will call me naive, but I truly just don't care. 
I believe that God spoke to his people and that miracles were performed.
I believe in angels and the devil's plan for this world.
I also believe that His kingdom is coming and that believers will be swept up into the arms of the Lord.
We were given all the tools to apply to our lives by someone greater than ourselves. 
I also believe that while the Bible is the word of God, it was written and translated by man. This gives readers the beauty of discovery, centuries after the text was written.
We can discover each verse anew.

I believe in Love.
To have a small 4 letter word mean so many different things is the amazing thing about the English language

I'm a hopeless romantic. 
Completely hopeless. 
I knew from a very young age that I wanted, prayed, to fall in love with my someone special. I wanted that someone who made me want to be a better person.

1 Corinthians 13 is one of the most powerful messages in the bible, for me. It speaks of how we should love others. And I firmly believe that in loving that way, loving the way the bible states in 1 Cor 13, you can experience the most satisfaction in any relationship, romantic or not.

I believe in Family.
Families are messy.
And Loud.
And loving.
And forgiving.
And held together in prayer.

I believe in Music.
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.  ~Victor Hugo

I believe in Travel.
I think travel is a second way of feeding the soul.
Experiencing new places and learning new things about the world is  very valuable gift for those who are blessed with the ability to do it.

I believe in Friendship.
It doesn't matter if you saw them yesterday, or 2 years ago, true friends are always there to encourage you.
Friends understand growth and how busy life can be, and they don't hold it against you.
True friends will understand and care regardless.


I'm so thankful for the things that I believe in.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

All excellent things to believe in, I'd say--and it's important to have the courage to stand up for what you believe is true!

Nikki said...

Beautiful!