Home Home Home

May 7, 2013

It's So Easy to Spew Negativity

As a woman, and a work in progress, I can be honest here and admit that I have talked bad about someone I care for dearly. 
I'm not proud of it. 
In fact, I'm completely ashamed of it.
My ego, insecurity and jealousy took over my mentality and fractured my view on life. 

I'm not here to talk about my personal experience. 
It is mine to sort through.

I am here to talk about us.
Us women.

Why is it so easy for us to bring out the claws?
It's like we sometimes expect to feel better about ourselves by tearing someone else down.
This is a lie.
A big, fat lie Satan whispers in our ears.

Satan takes the weakest part of us and exploits it 
The part we don't pay attention to, or try ignore that exists in us.
The parts of us that are so superficial and 'not who we are'.
It's the bad habits we can't seem to get a handle on.

I wanted to share with you my way of combating the common problem women have in our society.
In order to replace the jealousy I sometimes deal with when it comes to women I see and judge on the street, (Yes, I admit to judging people I walk past)

I try to honestly compliment women I pass, when I can.

If I see someone walking pass in a cute dress, I let her know it's adorable.
I ask women where they get their shoes.
I comment on cute purses.

Let's be honest, who doesn't like to be politely complimented by a stranger.

Give it a try.
The next time you pass someone give them a quick passing compliment on their dress or shoes. I guarantee you'll feel good about it.

Lets try to build each other up, not tear each other down.

No comments: