Home Home Home

May 14, 2013

I'm Cheap

It's true. My sister told me so.
No worries, we laughed about it.
Evident'y I'm not thrifty, just cheap.

I guess it's true.

I don't like paying more than $20 for a pair of shoes, $8 for a shirt and $15 for a pair of pants.
Really I don't like paying more than $50 for any clothing item or accessory.
I don't look for clothes unless they are on sale.
Actually, I very rarely buy anything not on sale.

I don't eat out during the week. 
Not even on 'Buy day, Friday', my own made up workday theme.

I get my hair cut at my local Saturday's, First Choice Hair Cutters or Fiesta Salon about once every 6 months.
I haven't had my nails done since my wedding.


The only thing I don't mind paying for are my voice lessons.
And anything Jake shows an interest in, which is weird.
I guess if I can have my lesson, he can have his past times too.
Which include golfing, fishing and the shooting range.


The other thing I don't skimp on is groceries.
I clip coupons here and there, but not like I should.
It's tedious.
And messy.
And the paper subscription is expensive.
AH! 
You see?!

Anyway, I adore shopping.
I hate spending money.
Anyone with me on this one?

2 comments:

Emily Hornburg said...

Yes! This is me 100%. I'm super cheap and hate spending a ton of money. But I'm weird with some of the things I'll spend on. A classic example of me: I have zero qualms about paying $5 for a drink at Starbucks. But when I go to McDonalds or Taco Bell I cringe when I have to spend $5 for a meal. How messed up is that? lol

Nikki said...

$15 is my max on shoes too...and the Clearance racks are the best!