Home Home Home

May 28, 2013

As a blogger, it's awkward...

Enter, awkward face montage:


(you're welcome)
It's awkward talking to someone who isn't into blogging, or the blog community, about blogging.

I've had a blog for a while.
almost 5 years, actually.
I've explained how I started and why I blog.

I never really talk about my blog with anyone.
Why?
Because I feel like people will either think I'm weird, self-involved, or boastful about my life and I don't feel that I am or that that is the purpose of my blog.
So, I just don't bring it up.

I've written over 950 posts and met so many amazing people through the blogging community.
I've finally decided that I don't care what people think about me blogging.
People may even get to know me better from it.
My interests, passions, insecurities.

The blogging community is so big, and the people who area  apart of it are so special and inspirational.
That's nothing that needs to be covered up.

I'm still hesitant to bring it up in a normal conversation.
'I wrote about it on my blog,' just doesn't roll of my tongue that easily.

Has anyone else had the trouble of talking about your blog face to face?
I know that 'Pinterest' has only just become a normal thing to bring up...
Although some people *raises hand* might think it a completely valid topic of conversation with absolutely anyone, even a husband who could care less about a fashion, DIY, or dream house board.

So how have you openly brought up your interest in the blog world?
Do you find it hard to bring up your personal blog?

4 comments:

Alex[andra] said...

I openly tell people I have a blog. My friends, as well as boyfriend, actually read my blog daily and will send me text messages telling me what they liked about it. But, I've also a graduate in Professional Writing, so they think it's "normal" for me to blog. I guess I'm lucky to have them as support. When I'm out with them, they're the ones to say, "Make sure you take pictures so you can blog about it!"

If people don't get it, that's their problem.

Darby Hawley said...

Ditto!!!!! I do not talk about my blog with non blogging friends and I NEVER mention it at work lol I like a dual-life?!

Rachel said...

I'm very open about my blogging--and I have a number of family and friends who love it when they get mentioned on the blog. :P But for me, I think it's because I'm pursuing a career in freelance writing...or pretty much any kind of writing, and the fact that blogging is the main way I'm practicing/pursuing that at the moment, makes me able to be more confident in talking about my blog as if it is a serious venture. (Still, non-blogging people often don't know what I'm talking about.)

Tawnys Tid Bits said...

I may mention it... but most of my friends don't thing blogs are fun! I personally do. I've met some REALLY great people through blogging.