Home Home Home

April 30, 2013

Summer Musical; Les Miserables


You read right, my summer theatre family got the rights, the very expensive rights, to perform Les Miserables this summer!

I'm over the moon. I'm sure anyone who knows theatre adores Les Mis.
I've been in love with it since I saw the 10th anniversary, when I was 7-8 years old.
I would drive my parents insane singing Castle on a Cloud, On My Own and many of the boy's songs.
I'm not quiet about sharing my opinion that the boys get all the good songs in the score.

I also tired to read the actual book in 9th grade.
I remember it being very monotonous and long.

Anyway, The second the arts council announced their intentions of doing Les Mis, everyone and their mother in the central Ohio area started talking about it and auditions.

I's be lying if I said that the idea of everyone being excited about the show wasn't scary.

Look at it from my perspective.

Tons of actresses from all over the city, possibly further, fighting over the same 4 parts.
And with some they are more than willing for a real fight.
You think I'm kidding.

So take cental Ohio's pretty dang large acting community and add the fact that we are the first theatre group to do the production here...
It's going to be an interesting audition process.

I'm nervous because I don't have much experience as a lead in shows.
I know that I've been over this before, so I wont go into it all again.
In a nutshell, my acting resume isn't impressive.
Self-doubt is eating away at me, big time.
All I can do is offer my talent and hope that it's enough.
Lord knows I don't have the experience some of these other girls do.

These next few weeks are going to be rough, prepping for auditions.
Praying that I can make myself stand out.

Watching the video from the production I just finished, Baby the Musical, and hating every second of my performance doesn't really help.

I'm thinking the Lord and I are in for quite a few discussions about His will, my gifts and self doubt.
I could use a little back up and support over the next few weeks.

4 comments:

Alex[andra] said...

I'm so excited for you! I wish you the best of luck!

Les Mis is absolutely amazing! I grew up listening to it - back when it was on a record. I HAD to watch the movie version with Andrew, which we did a couple weeks back. Since, he's been singing One Day More, none stop.

Such an amazing play!

itbritt said...

You will do great, I'm sure. Feeling confident is one of the most important parts of an audition. Practice til you die, and don't overthink. There's a reason you feel so passionate about it.

Can't wait to hear how it goes.

7th Crow Designs said...

You have an amazing light around you that everyone can see. The theatre community there loves you and you will be great! Band together with your family for support.

Love ya!
~April

Darby Hawley said...

This is seriously super exciting!!!! I am so excited and of course I can't wait for more videos of you singing!!!