Home Home Home

April 24, 2013

Green Smoothie Challenge

This week I've been participating in a blog world green smoothie challenge.
Basically you make one green smoothie a day.
I'm not sure if it's in place of a meal or not, but that's what I did.

Hello, breakfast smoothies!
The 100% best way to start the morning.
Sorry neighbors, for the smoothie blending at 7am.

Sunday evening I made my very first smoothie.
Jake and I purchased a magic bullet about 2 months ago and I had never touched it.
The result wasn't great.
Evidently I did a few things wrong.

1. Do not just throw every fruit you find in the cup.
2. Make sure to chop your banana before adding it to the cup and blending all the ingredients together.
3. Blueberries don't blend as well. Be prepared for bits of skin to stick in your straw.
4. green smoothies aren't always green. It just means that you have added a green veggie to the mix.
5. Freezing the night before makes for a long wait for everything to thaw.

Monday's Smoothie
Ingredients:
Blueberries
Strawberries
Banana
Clementine
Spinach
Vanilla Almond Milk
Greek Yogurt
Ice

It was not great. I'm really not a fan of blueberries in smoothies. I made it Sunday night and took it to work the next day.
Bad idea.

Tuesday's Smoothie
Ingredients:
Banana
Spinach
Vanilla Almond Milk
Greek Yogurt
Strawberries
Cinnamon
Honey
Ice

So yummy! It was really great. The honey and cinnamon really made a difference.

Wednesday's Smoothie
That's peanut butter on my cup.

 Ingredients:
Strawberries
Banana
Spinach
Honey
Greek Yogurt
Silk Mango Protein Milk
Peanut Butter
Ice

It was bad. I did the whole toss everything in and give it a try' thing again.
Bad idea.
Plus, I'm not really sure how much I like drinking peanut butter...


I have a few days left in the challenge but I'm really liking having a smoothie for breakfast. I've been noticing that I have more energy in the morning and I feel a lot better.

3 comments:

Darby Hawley said...

I love how creative you can be with the smoothies....maybe I should hop on this train too!

7th Crow Designs said...

My favorite-frozen banana, baby spinach, almond milk, teaspoon of Nutella

7th Crow Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.