Home Home Home

March 12, 2013

Recap: Baby the Musical

My experience with Baby was amazing.

I haven't had a part since Big River in 2009.
Before that it was How To Succeed in Business Without Even Trying in 2005.
That's one in high school and one in college.
I was a little rusty.

I absolutely loved the grind of the show. The cast was amazing and everyone clicked really quickly. We all fell in love with each other's parts and songs. Some people could even do another part, they knew it so well.
That's what you get from a month of nightly rehearsals... Imagine if we had longer!

I do have to admit that I'm not the best with memorization. I, evidently, need someone to run lines with me over and over and over again until I have the scene down. I didn't realize this until about 2 and a half weeks out. Not my smartest move, I admit. I really hope that I didn't frustrate anyone else more than I did myself. I was pretty down on myself about my lack of memorization until I was able to get over myself and ask for help. I was all, 'I don't want to inconvenience anyone else.' Really I was just making it harder for the people in each scene than was necessary.
Go me.

Anyway, I wanted to get you a few snippets of songs and things like that.
Bear in mind that these are from Tech week, which is also known jokingly as 'Hell Week'.

(A little disclamer. One; These videos are owned by me. Two; Everyone was sick. So cracks, hoarsness, sniffing and coughing were normal. Please, love us anyway? lol)


 This is me singing with a group of ladies at the beginning of act 2.
Sorry that the quality of the video is so bad... And crooked.
Evidently, Jake is a camera master... Sweet man of mine.

There is a snippet of the show.
Please, if you comment, be kind.

Next on the theatre plate...

Les Miserables.
Not even kidding.

Interested? You should be.
Goodness knows my theatre family is freaking out.

1 comment:

Darby Hawley said...

Oh I've been waiting for this post!!! Where is the video, I'm dying to watch you!