Home Home Home

March 11, 2013

Out with the Old

When Jake and I got our first apartment, we bought a bunch of furniture and rugs from a SIL's friend. There was a bunch included, all for a whopping $500.
Bed frame, mattress, overstuffed chair, rug, coffee table and decor chair.
SIL kept the coffee table and the decor chair because we didn't have any room for them.

We were suffering with the mattress we had before. Because of the bed frame, we didn't have a box spring and the bed sat pretty low to the ground. Jake wasn't sleeping very well. I was waking up with back aches. Not to mention, when we both were ont eh bed, we rolled into the middle. I can't tell you how many times I woke up with a face full of armpit.
It was lovely.

This past weekend, Jake and I got a new mattress!!!

We donated our old mattress to our local theatre group.
Mainly because my show, 'Baby, the Musical' needed a real bed due to all the scene's that takes place in a bedroom.

This is Jake and my dad, trying to figure out how to lower our frame so that the bed didn't sit waist high.
Yeah, not even kidding. We put the short boxspring and the double sided pillow top mattress on our bed frame and it, literally, came to my waist. 
Out old mattress sat as high as the short boxspring.




When we lowered the frame, I had to take everything out from under the bed. Even my under-bed boxes wouldn't fit.


My boys, sleeping in on the new mattress. 
They deserved it!

1 comment:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Love a good new mattress!! Enjoy!