Home Home Home

February 25, 2013

The Not Academy Award Red Carpet '13

It's just the Oscars now...
We'll see if the change sticks.

I can't believe all the hype has led up to this.
Due to this movie year being such a crazy one for me, I'll admit, I have only seen two of the Best Picture nominees. 
Brave, which I took my nephew, JJ, to see and Les Miserables with Jake.

I loved them both. 
I'm sure that I'd adore Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook and a few of the other movies on the list. And I'm sure that Jake and I will be getting to them eventually.

Maybe we will do a Oscar nominated movie marathon and try to watch all the nominee's of the past 80-something years.
It would be quite a marathon.
And worth it.

Anyway.
Red Carpet.
That's what you are here for, right?!

Not the worst, but not the best...
{pic via}


The line-up.

Takes the Cake!
{pic via}


I do have to say that this years red carpet was not as exciting as years past. I mean none of these dresses compare to 2006 with Kiera Knightley's burgundy dress, Jennifer Lopez's lavender gown in 2010, Natalie Portman's maternity gown in 2011.

Well, I hope next year will be better.

1 comment:

Darby Hawley said...

Seriously I *always* look forward to your posts on the red carpet! I completely agree with Berry's dress...not impressive at all!