Home Home Home

February 6, 2013

The Incredible Henry House

January's book was The Incredible Henry House by Lisa Grunwald
It was a very intriguing book about a home economics program given by a college where a 'practice baby' was assigned to multiple students. Yep, a real orphan child being raised by multiple female students to teach child rearing. The book looks at amny things, least of all the social impact of one child being raised by multiple different women, a different one each week, until he was 2.
It's a messed up concept. And the book covers the life of one child, of many, from the program. Because of this you get to see key historical events played out. I always enjoy this due to not being around when things happened during the 50's-70's. It read similar to Forrest Gump, one of my favorite movies.

I highly suggest it. I don't want to talk about it too much, because I really do think it is a great read. I found it to be incredibly fascinating  I started the book and finished it before bed that same day.

No comments: