Home Home Home

November 20, 2012

White Elephant

This year my family is doing a white elephant between the kids.

{pic via}


I'm looking for useful and cool ideas, rather than gag gifts.
We have a limit of $50-ish dollars.

I have a few ideas, but I'd love to hear your white elephant stories!

Some of my favorite ideas that I've heard:
The leg lamp from A Christmas Story
Grill set, complete with meat, seasoning, tongs and a funny apron
A cordless screwdriver
A set of bungee cords with hook ends
Government bail out kit; ream of paper, lottery tickets and wine
A live beta fish
Homemade fudge

What was the best white elephant gift you've ever stolen/given?



2 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Fun! We always used to do a White Elephant gift exchange with my friends. The best gift I ever got was an iHome for your iPod. My friend found one on the cheap! Definitly got stolen the most!

The funniest? Would have to be the blow up sheep one of my guy friends found. Hilarious!

Nikki said...

Hah. Mrs. Eyecansee and I remembered the same funniest gift. That blow up sheep was perfect.

In my family the alcoholic gifts were always the most coveted(maybe a bad sign) as well as gift cards. Both kind of lame but always well used.