Home Home Home

August 8, 2012

Weekend at the Lake

So 2 weeks ago WK messaged me on Facebook and asked me if I wanted to go to FIL's house up at Marble Head.
If I told you that I didn't weigh the pros and con's I'd be lying.
I am really trying to work on my relationships with Jake's dad and twin brother (and his wife).
They wear me out sometimes.

But in the end I decided that a weekend with them would be good for everyone.
I figure they are trying to get me out and about with them so that when Jake comes home I don't get that weird, "Jake's home. Oh, that's right, you're married to him" vibe.

Is it bad that I question people's sincerity when they ask me to hang out?
There is something wrong with me.

Anyway, the weekend was really quite fun.
A little crazy due to cross contamination at a put-in-bay restaurant.
Let's just say that my nephew, Gabe, had a little allergic reaction when he ate some of Twin's french fries.
Yep, french fries.
We think the same frying basket was used for the fries as some shell fish.
I'll just say that Twin wasn't feeling so hot after that meal either.
Poor little Gabriel had a rash all day Saturday and Sunday.
We almost went to the urgent care, but Twin and WK were able to get a hold of their pediatrician around 10:30pm.


{Asher, navigating for me on the way there}

{Put-In-Bay}

{Family pictures in front of bars area  must}

{Jello shot injectors}

{On the boardwalk}
{Everyone passed out on the boat.}
{Gabe at the beach. You can see a little of the rash.}

{Me and my sunhat!}

{Hanging out on the boat}

{Asher on the way home}

{Toward the end he tried sneaking over onto my seat... Too bad he was clipped in}

It was fun.
I liked getting to take a mini vacation.
Shopped a little.
Though about swimming in the lake.
Sunbathed instead.
I got to spend some quality time with the nephew I see the least often.
Hung out with FIL and his wife, who I only see a handful of times a year.
It was nice especially after being so sick the week before.

Here is a video of Asher playing with Twin and WK's Husky, Diesel.
And Gabe walking.


No comments: