Home Home Home

August 14, 2012

Isn't That Funny...

You remember all of my posts about our life plan?
Jake's ambition.
And how I wanted to start a family.


Yeah. 
Me too.

Now that I'm less than a month away from my husband being home I am finding myself reassessing my feelings about these things.
It's an interesting place.

The fever isn't quite as palpable.
It's a mild simmer.
I think that I'm going to be OK.
I think that waiting a little while after this deployment ends is a kinda good idea.
Right now I'm even open to waiting up to a year.
As long as it's not forced on me.
I think that if I was told that I had to wait a year, I'd get rebellious and impatient.

We'll see if  the contentment sticks once my man is home.
And we'll see how Jake feels once he spends time with his niece and nephews.
Who knows, maybe we'll find a happy middle ground.

Anyone want to place bets?

3 comments:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Yep, I wanna place a bet! I think sooner rather than later will happen :-)

Christine said...

Here's my 2 cents. Be selfish right now. You and Jake should do whatever it is you want to do right now. Travel, drink, splurge, and then when you've gotten into a regular routine, then throw caution to the wind and live dangerously.

We did the Caribbean, Alaska, and Ireland before having ours. So glad we did. We want to see Vegas but that will have to wait a couple years.

Jenna Caldwell said...

I did things a little differently than Christine. We got married, went on honeymoon and got pregnant immediately after. I wouldn't change it for the world. There are definitely times I wish I could pack up and go on vacation at the drop of a hat, but honestly... I'll have plenty of time t do that later in life when the kids are older. I'm glad I had kids young, because they are exhausting, and I can't imagine being more tired than I already am, haha. But they are so worth it, every bit of it.
Everyone is different and every relationship is different. I'm sure whatever you and Jake decide will be the right choice for you.