Home Home Home

July 18, 2012

Cabaret Photo Bomb

This past weekend was the summer musical.
I've been involved with my community's summer theatre program for the past 14 years.
Dance corps and chorus for most of them. 
Soloists for a few.

This year I was the choreographer's assistant and the telephone girl.
2 lines and 2 singing solos, thank you very much.
It was a surprisingly fun show.
I know that the subject matter and setting isn't really great.
I'm the first to say that it's not my favorite show in the world.
But, nothing can beat spending 2 months of my life with people that I truly love and care for. 
It is my summer family.
I don't know what I would do with out them.

This show also provided a great distraction for the months of June and July.
It made them go by crazy fast.
Now I just have to get through the rest of this month and August.
I think I'll take my time recovering.

Anyway. 
Here are some pictures from the show.
{the Sobbing Sisters reunited from Big River}

{The kick line... Yes the tallest is a man.}
{The Kit Kat Girls and their 'kitten', me}

{The dance corps in their Sitting Pretty costumes.}

{Me and my theatre little sister, our star!}

{the stage band!}

{The dance corps' fearless leader}

{Our inspiration, Stamos}

{Mmmm, Stamos}

{Getting notes}
{My favorite costume as the 'Telephone Girl'.}
Well there you have it. 
I'm spending this week re-cooperating from the late nights.
We'll see.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

How fun is THIS?! (Found you via the Hawleys btw.) I just love that you're in a summer theatre troupe. Looks like you had an absolute blast! Thanks for sharing it with us :-)