Home Home Home

June 26, 2012

Calling the Called: Whitney From Cheerios and Beer

I found Whitney's blog through someone's blog.
Honestly, I think I was in a work educed coma and randomly clicked on her link.
I don't remember.
The first post I read had something to do with a celebrity a celebrity...
I'll link it at the bottom.
I do remember reading her blog title, thinking it was ironic. 
And remembering a story from B-Rad about pouring beer in his cereal all the time while in college.
I started reading.
And laughing.
And reading some more.
Her honesty when it comes to life is really great.

She's real.
And witty.
No fluff.
It's refreshing.

Thank you Whitney, for opening an email from a non-stalker.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'life.

figuring out life is the biggest problem i have been faced with in my almost 26 years. but it has also been the most fun. and i will tell you why. in 26 short paragraphs. i kid. i kid. it's only 25.

it all started in high school. i wasn't a huge fan of high school. i am not sure if it was because i wasn't the popular kid. or if it was because it was easy and i didn't need to study so i felt like i was wasting my time. granted i didn't study for any of my AP classes and that didn't work out so well. but alas. i got into the college i was hoping for.

i was always looking forward to the next best thing. i never enjoyed the 'now'. my only regret.  [excluding a couple nights out at bars...obviously].

anyway. i never lived in the moment. i always have had a plan. i knew what i wanted to do within my first semester of school. i worked hard to get into the specific college. i worked hard to be awesome at school. and worked hard to get into the extracurricular clubs 'i was supposed to get in to. to help out later in life.'

while i had my fair share of fun, it was short lived. i knew i needed to buckle down and focus on school more. which was a complete waste of time. did you know that a good amount of employers don't even check if you graduated? let alone your GPA?

ANWAY. i am sure erin asked me to write a guest post because she wanted something funny from me.

well kiddos. i might disappoint. life is hard. no one can tell you want to expect. because it is all unforeseen. a recent lesson [RECENT...wtf] i learned was to live in the present. you can't change the past and you can't predict the future. why it took so long to realize this is beyond me, but i will go with it now.

i promised myself back in my senior year of college to never do something i didn't REALLY want to do. i know there are obligations, and probably work tasks i will have endure which breaks this, but those are the outliers. [yeah i am still smart...get your geometry book out for that one].

what was this about??

that is the thing. i could talk for ever and ever on what i did to get to where i am. but everyone's journey is different. that is beauty in it. cherish where you are today and what you have. if you don't like it...make a change. or live with it.

i'll end with my biggest pet peeve [it's on the list right after chewing with your mouth open]. if you don't want to go to work that day and be happy then DON'T GO. for example: i wake my ass up at 530 to go get starbucks in the morning. i get there and each and every one of them has their panties in a bunch. i'm sorry. you chose to get up and go to work today. your choice. granted if you didn't you could get fired but still. that was the choice. deal with it and put a fake smile on your face.

lesson: be happy.

sorry that was random. but i told erin i don't have life figured out yet so i couldn't promise any wise words. hope you chuckled a little.

if not...here is me at work...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love it!
There you have it.
Go and read Whitney's blog.
You won't regret it.

Here are some of my favorite posts from Cheerios and Beer
Stop Being A Chicken

Whitney also has a Pinterest and Twitter.
Check 'em out.

3 comments:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Thanks for this post Whitney! You're so right, just love where you are and be happy!

Erin, I'm really excited about this series and learning from everyone! Thanks for hosting this :-)

Emily Meyers said...

Hey lady!! I just found your cute blog via the hop and added myself to your followers! Also I’d love to have you check out a fabulous OSCAR DE LA RENTA giveaway I’m having right now!!
Hope to see you there! And thanks so much!
Xo, Emily

http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/06/oscar-de-la-renta-giveaway.html

whitney said...

thanks for saying i am funny!!

i love a good confidence booster.