Home Home Home

May 31, 2012

Theirs/Mine: Wedding Ornament

After I was married I held onto my bouquet and hung it to dry.
WK had her flower petals pressed into jewelery, which I though was a completely amazing idea... But too expensive for our budget.
I thought that after a while I would find an equally amazing idea for my flowers.

My bouquet hung in my spare closet for almost two years.
Before this, it was hanging off to the side in out coat closet because I didn't have a clue where else to store it.

Then I found this pin on Pinterest.
{pic via}

Yay! 
Finally, something to get my bouquet outta the closet.

Here is Mine!

{Found this on Amazon and ordered it. There wasn't anything like it locally.}

{My bouquet, all dried out.}

{Cutting off the flowers and filling the ornament.}

{Close it up!}
Finished!
{I used the bow that was wrapped around the stems to finish!}

I'm always curious about what people do with their bouquets after their weddings.


I'd love to hear what you did with yours!

2 comments:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

This is such a sweet way to keep your bouquet on display!

Nikki said...

We used all fake flowers at our wedding so my bouquet is adorning a shelf of wedding memories on out built in bookcases. I love your ornament. It will be so fun to hang it each holiday.