Home Home Home

May 24, 2012

Theirs/Mine: House Number Pot

Today my Theirs/Mine was found on Pinterest... But it's from an actual site!
My first imitation craft!
I'm excited!
Can you tell?

Theirs:

{pic via}
Ready for this?

I bought everything at my local Michael's.
The terracotta pot and base were about $3 a piece and the paint was on sale for .99
It was really the paint brushes that were so expensive...
I mean one brush was $4 all by itself.

Anyway.
I started out with spray paint as the base.
I had it and I wanted it gone...
It died one spray in.
So I used my backup terracotta outdoor paint that I bought.

After letting the black sit over the weekend (the paint said 72 hours of drying time.) I picked up the pot last night and got to work.

Painting the numbers and design was a lot harder than I though it was going to be.
I mean really, how do people not pick up their paint brushes at all while doing this?
And how do they not do the painting different every time they go over it.
I think my paintbrush was a little bit too big for the job.
Oh well.

Mine:
{I used pencil first. This is the first/second coat of paint.}
{Finished! I painted the base black after I took this picture, so now it's all matchy-matchy} 
{Asher likes to be a part of craft time.}
Finished!

Once I am done with everything I'm going to do another tour and you'll get to see everything in action.
Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

I have always wanted to make this, and yours looks awesome girl!

Grammy Goodwill said...

I think you did a great job.