Home Home Home

April 2, 2012

Hunger Games

This weekend I went to the movies.
I, literally, have only been to the movies once since Jake left on the deployment.
My one other movie.
Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1.
It was ridiculousness.
I regret seeing it.
Unfortunately, because I read the books, I have to finish things off and see the last one.

Anyway.
So I went to the movies.
That's right everyone, I saw Hunger Games.
{pic via}

You see, Hunger Games was the first choice of books for our first book we ever read as a group.
It was a pivotal event for all of us.

After reading the book I can honestly tell you that it was the best rendition of a book that I've ever seen.
I'm completely serious.
Everything was spot on.
The sets and casting were truly great.
There were little tiny things that were left out, but nothing that I even remembered until after the movie when the group I was with started talking about it on the way to lunch.
(Yes, lunch.)
I loved the movie.
Loved it.

If you haven't seen it yet...
Go.
But remember to be an informed viewer and read the book first.
And take tissues.

If you have seen it
What did you think?

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I also loved it and an even bigger event is so did my husband. He is a big critic when it comes to moves, but we both thought it was really good.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I thought it was good, the book better, but the movie did not disappoint!