Home Home Home

March 20, 2012

Review: Bobble BPA Free Water Bottle

I'm not being paid to do this review...
(I wouldn't mind though.)
Here is my honest opinion.
Straight up.


I got one of these little beauties for my birthday from Big Bro.
I have the light purple filter right now.


Info from the Bobble website

bobble is a stylish, reusable bottle that filters water as you drink, using an ingenious replaceable carbon filter. When water passes through the filter, the carbon removes chlorine and organic contaminants. bobble is intended for municipal tap water making water better, with every sip.
bobble is a beautiful, sleek alternative to single-serve plastic water bottles, which harm the earth (and your wallet). Every filter equates to 300 single-serve bottles. After a year, you’ve removed thousands of bottles from the environment, simply by filtering the water from your tap. bobble is free of BPA, Phthalates and PVC. And it is guilt-free as well.


Pros: 
The medium size is about the same size as the water bottles that you can buy by the case.
It's cute.
You can choose any color filter you want.
The contouring bottle shape is easy to hold.
The plastic is pretty substantial, so the contour shape makes it easier to squeeze, which is necessary.
I LOVE the cap. If I ever loose it (which I probably will) I will cry, then go buy a new filter immediately.

Cons:
The lid is a little noisy while your drinking. I wouldn't take it to a meeting or a movie theatre.
I had to go through about two bottles of water before the filter stopped making the water taste funny.

A little tip.
Just because the lid is on, doesn't mean that it won't leak if the top is popped and you are shaking it.

Summary:
My husband likes to buy water by the case-full. This is nice and all, but I'm the one who feels guilty every time I see a water bottle go into the trash.
(Our complex doesn't recycle. Jerks.)
I keep my water bottle at work due to little pup snipers who likes to pull things out of purses and chow on them.
Since they come in  a size smaller than the one that I have, I think it's genius for teaching your kids that 'keeper' water bottles are cool.
Yay for saving the earth!


I love it.
Go get one.
(If you do, let me know what you think! Check out my Facebook and Twitter)

No comments: