Home Home Home

March 1, 2012

Embarassing Moments

I have this little problem. 
I'd like to call it being highly empathetic.
Everyone else calls it weird.

You see, I have this thing where in embarrassing situations for myself I tend to play the ditsy girl. It's survival. The more purposefully stupid I seem, the less embarrassing the situation, right? That's what my automatic reaction is. I can't help it.


I also have this ting where I physically can't function when some thing embarrassing is happening to someone else. I have a mini panic attack for said person.
I can't make eye contact.
I can't breathe.
I blush.
I start sweating.
I can't think.
If it's extreme I start laughing, almost uncontrollably.
The best way to avoid this little thing that I do, I leave.
If I can't leave, I try to play it off by making little jokes or comments.

This happens a lot during movies or concerts.

Example:
Seeing Breaking Dawn in the theatre -
I could not stop giggling at all the bad acting. Don'e even get me started with the telepathy scene. I literally had to make fun of the entire movie in order to keep from having to walk out.. Ask SIL.

Attending the Pussycat Dolls/Christina Aguilera concert -
Nichole Scherzinger (who went to Wright State) asked if 'the rumors of our state pride were true.'
She then proceeded to yell 'H-O'.......
A few people in the crowd responded with a confused ' i-o?'
'H-O'...
'I-O'... (Can she spell Ohio?)
'H-O'.
Someone behind me yelled 'Yes you are!'
I couldn't even function.

PDA-
Forget it.
It just doesn't happen for us.
I was one of those people who made fun of my peers in the hallway at school.
(Hey my prude eyes didn't need to be seeing 2 people trying to taste what the other had for lunch while I'm just trying to make it across the building in 3 minutes)

Does anyone else have moments like this?
Share one if you dare.

No comments: