Home Home Home

February 13, 2012

Remakes

Is anyone else getting tired of Hollywood using old scripts over and over again. I never did understand why anyone would want to go and see the remake of a movie, especially when the original was hands down amazing.

I mean how many times will we have to deal with iconic movies being taken, rewritten so that it's not exactly the same, and thrown back at us...
It's like the Hollywood exects think we'll just forget about the original and expect the new version to be just as good.

Footloose anyone?!
Karate Kid
RollerBall.
Around the World in 80 Days
Bewitched
Pink Panther
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Swept Away
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
Conan the Barbarian
The Women
Psycho
(not that I've seen either, but taking one film and remaking it frame by frame is pretty sad)

How about the Dirty Dancing remake that is in development?
Anyone hear that Leonardo Dicaprio has been sniffing around The NeverEnding Story?
Want to see Honey, I Shrunk the Kids in 3D?
I guess Overboard is in the writing stages with Jennifer Lopez attached to it.
Tomb Raider will be redone with Olivia Wilde.
Spider Man
Dare Devil
Red Dawn
Top Gun
Annie (again)
Mad Max: Fury Road
My Fair Lady (Do NOT mess with Audrey!)
Robo Cop
The Birds
A Star is Born
Drop Dead Fred
Creature From the Black Lagoon
The Crow

I mean does anyone else feel like some of these movies just came out?
I mean, really, is Hollywood that desperate for our money that they are remaking everything in sight?
Movies that are over 40 years old, I can understand...

But with most of them it's just plain crazy.

Please. 
Stop the remakes!
I hate that Holywood is trying to capitalize on the nistalgia of some of these films.
Top Gun, The Birds, Dirty Dancing, The NeverEnding Story
I mean come on!
You can't improve perfection.

If they ever touch The Labrynth or The Princess Bride I'll boycott.
I'm 100% serious.

No comments: