Home Home Home

February 24, 2012

J-O-B

Well lovies, a months ago I applied for a job and was asked to interview for it. I was told that it would be 2 weeks and they would let me know if I got the position or not.

2 weeks came and went. I got a call from the interviewer. He asked me to apply for a different position that was posted that very day. I told him that I would and he told me that he would talk to me soon.

I didn't want to jump to conclusions, but I saw it as a good sign.
I waited almost a month and yesterday my boss was called for references.
He told me that I owed him lunch. 
(Sometimes I love my boss.)

Today, as I was meeting Big Sis for lunch and as I was walking down the hallway, texting Jake, I was stopped by the guy who interviewed me. 

Him: Hi Erin, I was just on my way to see you!
Me: Oh, really? Cool. I was just walking to lunch.
Him: It's OK, I'll walk with you.

He then told me that he was excited to tell me that I had gotten the position. 
$1.50 pay raise, benefits, 8-5pm.
I told him that I was texting with my husband, who was actually still awake, and that we would talk it over. 

I met up with Big Sis and had a celebratory large fry instead of a medium.

It's a good day here.

Now for a weekend of business clothes shopping!

No more jeans at work... 
Even though I really liked wearing my cowgirl boots today.


Have a happy, excellent, awesome weekend!!!

1 comment:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Yay! Congratulations Erin! What position is this?