Home Home Home

January 16, 2012

I Know How Things Have been

This has been on my heart for a little while.
A discussion with SIL made it feel even more prevalent and present with my conscious.
I'll explain the conversation, fully, some other time.

I know that I've been a complainer.
It's, unfortunately, where I've been for the past few months.
And recently, in general...

It's a personal issue that I am trying to work through on my own when it comes to TOB and Twin.
It's a mixture of bitterness and the jealousy.

I'm stopping.
I'm readjusting my view on my family as well as Jake's.
SIL and I went out to dinner and gave each other our full attention. 
It was nice. 
We talked about family. 
And about stopping the stupidness what was going on.
Because it is stupid.
Really stupid.
It's not what we want for the next generation.
We're family.

I want to delete all of the things that I've said on here... But I don't think I will.   
 It's going to serve me as a reminder that no matter what, I still love my family.
No matter how I feel or how lame things get... I am not going to throw people under the bus because of something I'm holding to myself.

I can't be an emotional hoarder anymore.
It's only hurting me.

So, how about that 2012?

2 comments:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

What a mature and wise decision you've made. I'm proud of your Erin!

Grammy Goodwill said...

This is a great way to start a new year. Good for you. I have a family member who is so different from me that it's been hard in the past. I finally realized that she loved our family, just showed it in different ways than I did. I'm sad to say that you figured this out much sooner than I did.