Home Home Home

January 3, 2012

Helping a Friend

This weekend I'm participating in a workshop for a friend of mine. 
I'm really excited.

I'm going to be teaching high school theatre kids about the importance of different dance styles in Theatre. I'm going to focus on Scottish Dance, since that's where my 15 years of focus happens to be.

So what if the kids are only going to use the information gained by their time with me in about one theatrical situation... Being for the musical Brigadoon.

The real reason why I'm excited is because as a high schooler (from the exact same school district as most of these kids) I never got the chance to attend this workshop. And it's been going on for a lonooong time. 
I'm going to live through the kids by teaching them...
Make sense.

My senior class, theatrically, rode on the coat tails of some very talented people who made my class fell like workshops and such were unnecessary.
I bummed about it quite a bit.

Anyway!
So, think of me this weekend as I deal with more than my fair share of kids who are going to remind me why I didn't want to become a teacher.

No comments: