Home Home Home

January 17, 2012

Conair Curling Wand

Since moving in with KG I have been introduced to the Conair Curling Wand. I wanted to show you how awesome this product was.

I'm not even kidding you. It's the one curling iron I can actually use. 
Yes, there is a little bit of a learning curve.
Yes, I've burnt my finger.
Yes, I may not have tried very hard with an actual curling iron.

But let me just tell you.
I got the hang of it after one use.
Who hasn't burnt their fingers using a curling iron?!
I hate how regular curling irons flatten the piece of hair being clamped.

This wand makes your hair look so much more natural!
Just make sure that you spritz a heat defense spray before using. 
(Like you would with anything else... Heat = damage people)

Here are some pictures.
(I apologize in advance for not having any makeup on.)

Before
This is my freshly washed hair.
No product, no 'flop curling'.
Just my hair and a comb.
(I never blow dry my hair.)

The process
Dividing into sections to curl
(more hair = looser curl)
wrap away from your face.
Wrap to the very ends.
Don't worry if your layers spike out at the ends.

The result
Before doing a little root shake out.

 After shaking out the my roots.
 After flipping my hair and shaking out some of the grouping.
 my sassy face.
LOVE IT!

I highly recommend a curling wand.
I think it makes your curls look more natural.
I always have the temp at 400*.
If you don't want your curls starting as lose to the root, just lower your starting point when you wrap your hair.
I like my curls to be higher, so I start at as close to the root as possible. KG starts hers lower and does bigger chunks to get really soft low waves.
The whole process takes me about 20 minutes.

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Wow I am very impressed! Your curls look awesome!