Home Home Home

December 8, 2011

Living With an OCD Roommate

These past few months have been interesting in the apartment, to say the least.
I feel that I've learned a lot about myself.
And what it's like having a roommate..

KG is OCD.
Like mad OCD.
Like she cleans up behind me a little bit if I don't put things 'in their proper place' the first time.
She And she has a little mind freak when a DVD case is sitting on the TV stand while we're watching said DVD.

IT's definitely interesting.

I understand why she is the way that she is. If I was raised thinking that a house should be cleaner than a hotel... I'd be the same way.

But because my mom cared more about us than the state of her house (not necessarily the best thing either. You need it to be about even...) I'm very much not up to par with KG and her cleanliness.
I'm not awful and disgusting...
I just don't care as much.

It's almost comical.

All annoyances aside, living with an OCD clean freak, her words. Not mine. 
OK, mine too.
It has made me start appreciating the every day cleaning rather than the weekly/bi-weekly overhaul that I'm use to.
It's good.
Plus, I now rinse everything and put it in the dishwasher.

Due to KG not having ever lived with anyone else, I hope that I'm teaching her how to relax a little bit... Because Lord knows men aren't the cleanest creatures, and she has one who she is going to have to live with every day for the rest of her life once this deployment is over...

No comments: