Home Home Home

November 23, 2011

Stress

I've had the time to reflect on how the stress of this deployment is effecting me.
I'm not frantic.
I'm not crying.
I'm not gaining enough weight to count.
No migraines or headaches.
No lax cleanliness habits.
No anger issues.
No dead immune system.
Not even my usual over sleeping.

My hair is falling out.
I'm not balding.
Not even in the least.
However I'd imagine it is similar to what pregnant women experience after they're done with pregnancy.
It's to the point where I should vacuum everyday, not because of the black cat hair, 
but because of my own.

Having to help my puppy out after I found out that he tried to digest some of my LONG hair, for the umpteenth time, I have decided that it was my stress that was causing this phenomena.
Sick discovery.
Traumatizing on both of us.
And there isn't much I can do about it.

And based on recent revelations, I have a feeling that the other 'usual' stress indicators are not far behind.
It's going to be an interesting next few months.

3 comments:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Oh no! I'm sorry girl, I hope you find some good coping mechanisms that will help you! Thinking of you!!!

Nikki said...

That is a total bummer. Make sure you take care of yourself. My thoughts are coming your way.

Cortney said...

You might want to mention the hair falling out to your doctor sweetie. I was having the same thing for the past 6 months and it turned out to be my thyroid :( that is one of the big signs. I've been thinking of you a lot lately as I'm going to be in the same boat in just a few months. Hugs