Home Home Home

October 20, 2011

As Safe as He Can Be

I got the official call yesterday that everyone in the unit is on their respective bases and safe. Twin is on the main unit post while Jake and RG are on a slightly smaller base on the other side of the country.

It's a little hard, knowing that the traveling took so long due to the areas being unsafe... But knowing that everyone is on their posts and not moving for a few months is heartening. There is a possibility of Jake's base shutting down, but it's still up in the air. Part of me wants him to be on the same base as Twin so that they can work on their relationship as brothers (it's a little distant and there is a tiny bit of resentment due to not understanding each others points of view) but the other part of me screams 'don't you dare make him travel!!!!' At this point, it's not something anyone can control.... If it ever was.

On another note, work is implementing the dress code... It was there before, but not being enforced. It basically says that if your not wearing OSU apparel, then your shirts can't have any writing on it.

Now, I'm an Army wife... A heck of a lot of my wardrobe is Army related. My husband is deployed. Are they trying to tell me that I can't wear my proud Army wife shirts?! My supervisor, aka Dad, is going to Human resources to ask them about my case specifically. (I am in the basement and never see patients.) If I'm not allowed to wear all my Army swag I'm damn happy that I'm only going to be in this job until March.

Damn happy.

That's been my life recently.
Worrying and being angry.
I guess that's to be expected.

On a happier note, Paisley can sit up on her own!!!
Ok, maybe you don't really care about that... But I'm excited.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Praise the Lord your hubby got to the base safely.......let the countdown for his return home begin :-)

Grammy Goodwill said...

Wonderful news to hear your hubby is safely on his base.