Home Home Home

September 5, 2011

Vacation

Today Jake and I are heading out into the unexplored world of Cincinnati, OH.

I had you fooled, didn't I.
In all honesty I wish I could have told you were were going to Europe for the day.
Gaaaa, how I wish.
The lights, the smell... 
OK, I know I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Oh, vacation.

Yep. We're going to Cinci for our first and last vacation of the year. We've never stayed there and our schedules and puppy haven't really allowed us to take a vacation this year. So, today we're taking advantage of a healthy puppy (my parents) and the desire to get out of town for a day or two, sans said puppy. 

What started out as an idea for just the two of us has turned into a full fledged family outing and I don't mind in the least. 
Just so long as we get our own hotel room. 

Today we're leaving and heading to the opening weekend of the Renaissance Festival. Jousting and costumes galore while getting some much needed sunshine and family fun.
This afternoon/evening we're checking in at a hotel in Cinci and having a nice dinner with all.
Tomorrow morning we're heading to the aquarium for some nice indoor family time. Bring on the fishes, penguins, otters and sharks. 
I seriously can not wait!

Then a  possible stop at a outlet mall on the way home.

I'm so excited.
Just the idea of getting out of town, relaxing with great company and having some fun before the twins leave for their deployment puts a little skip in my step.

There is nothing, 
not
one
single
thing
I would rather do.

Yay for a little of the bright side! 

2 comments:

Finding Purpose in the Pain said...

Have fun at the Ren Fair!! We love going there too!

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! So glad you're getting a break from all the packing and unpacking!