Home Home Home

September 14, 2011

See You Later, Love

I'm writing this in advance because I know that I'm not going to be all here once the time actually comes.

I love you more than words can ever express. 
Nothing will be the same without you here.
I am so proud to call you mine.
You are my heart.
My soul.
My partner in life.
Your strength and determination fuels my own.
I'm strong because of you and what you do.
So don't worry about me.

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i ma never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the toot and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
-ee cummings

4 comments:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

This post definitely has me all teary-eyed. Ill be thinking about you and praying for you all as this challenge gets closer and closer!

Jill said...

I wasn't sure where it was going at first and then I had a tear streaming down my face. You're so brave and so is he. You obviously are so proud of him.

What a great post.

Stay strong.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I love that poem. What a beautiful post. Army wives are definitly silent soldiers. You sacrafice just as much.

Thinking of you during this hard time!

Grammy Goodwill said...

This is so sweet.