Home Home Home

September 27, 2011

It Hasn't Even Been 1 Month

Here are a list of things that I've figured out so far.


  • With the army, everything changes. You should never schedule anything or listen to anything your told.
  • Jake, being 3 hours behind us, likes to call when he thinks it's still OK... This means anywhere from 12-1:30am. While I love my husband, I don't like falling asleep with the phone pressed against my cheek. I'm pretty sure I just set off that dumb water damage sticker inside the phone with my nasty, drooling self.
  • Having a roommate is really great, especially when she doesn't mind taking my dog on a walk if she gets home earlier than I do.
  • My brain is completely fried. I may have gotten along just fine with out using a planner since graduating from college. That is no longer the case. I have mini panic attacks about whether or not I've flushed the toilet, locked the door, unplugged my steamer, fed the cat, etc. It's almost frightening.
  • Getting myself out of the house is hard... Really hard.
  • Living by myself would have been the worst mistake ever.
  • Habits can change. I now rinse off my dishes and put them in the dishwasher... 
  • Figuring out a new morning routine with 2 girls and 1 bathroom is more difficult than you'd think.It's a good thing one of us showers at night.
  • I like to clean and do laundry... Please do not tell my husband, but the satisfaction of looking around at your space, all organized and tidy, is more than worth the effort.
  • I do not speak in Dog.
  • I am a leftover eater.
  • I do not take up hobbies as fast as I thought.
  • I am not quick at unpacking. I avoid opening moving boxes until I am sure that I'll be able to completely empty them... Closed packing boxes are better than my life scattered all over the place... But I'm afraid that I won't be unpacked a year from now and Jake will see this and wonder what I've been doing with my time. If he does, the only answer I can give is, 'I was busy'..... Doing what? Who knows.
  • I don't feel like I ever get very much done anymore.
  • I am not as busy as I thought I would be. 
  • I am not an emotional wreck.
  • Retail therapy is no fun by yourself, or with money that is meant to be shared, but can't.

2 comments:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Hey girl, I'm thinking about you and Asher as you wait for J to get back!
By the way, one time I lost my planner and I thought the world was officially over

Grammy Goodwill said...

Bless your heart. I think you're doing fine. Don't fret about it - you'll find a new normal. I think blogging will be a good outlet for you.