Home Home Home

August 29, 2011

'Busy' is My Middle Name

Not really, but it may as well be..
This past week has been one filled with packing, switching over utility providers, hanging out with family and everything in between.

We are getting our keys tomorrow. 
Moving big stuff on Wednesday. (crossing my fingers and hoping everything works out in that respect)
We're trying to be completely out of our old place by Friday afternoon.

In the mean time I have to put some things up on craigslist, schedule our old place's carpets to get cleaned, pack up the last of our stuff, request a moving truck, take a whole car load of stuff to Goodwill, and keep my sanity.

It's going to be interesting.

Anyway.

This weekend was another busy one. Friday Jake and I went out to good old Olive Garden with SIL, Math and Noah. It was a fun time with Noah not liking it at all. Maybe he was warning us against the carbs.
After dinner SIL and I went on a mini scavenger hunt to find me a white shirt to wear for family pictures the next day. 
Kohl's saved my life.
Then we hung out at their house watching Epic Rap Battles of History and looking things up on retrojunk.com.
It was amazing.
(Anyone up for bringing 'Where in The World is Carmen Sadiago?' back?!)

Saturday was an interesting one.
We started off the day with family pictures with Jake's side of the family.
(Just a preview)
Then we headed to a going away party for Jake, Twin and RG.

There was a little drama between MIL and FIL's girlfriend.
Emotions were high because of the nature of the party, but things went pretty well. It was a lot of people.
We ended the night right after clean up and I completely passed out once we got home.

Sunday we did church, then brunch with Big Sis, B-Rad and Paisley.

I may or may not have played with a little Italian Greyhound puppy at the pet store.

Then we went home and crashed again for, ready, 5 hours.
I should get a sleeping award.
Then headed over to MIL's for family dinner.

It was a good, exhausting, crazy weekend.

I'm coming to terms with the idea that life is going to be like this until Jake leaves...

1 comment:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Wow you were busy again. Wishing you good luck this week with the move and that everything is as pleasant as possible. Can't wait to "tour" the new place!