Home Home Home

July 19, 2011

Since I've been gone

Well, it's been a while. My week turned into almost two. It was much needed. It's almost still needed. My exhaustion and total lack of motivation for everything is coming 100% from my depression.

This is the first thine I've every really noticed my depression. I'm sure I've felt it before. The sensation is familiar.

I'm functioning... But bearly.

Anyway. With depression you just push through. Me forcing myself to get back to blogging, something I've done daily for 2 years, is something that I need to get my butt in gear about. It'll be a big help in getting through this, I know it.

Since I have taken my break a few things have, and haven't, happened.

The summer show was amazing. Even with all the drama that came with it the cast pulled together and put on the best community theatre show we have done since I've been participating.

Next years show was announced as Cabaret.

It'll be interesting.

Last Sunday jakes unit had a yellow ribbon event day, which is why I had to miss my first performance with the arts council. It was an information day for then families of the soldiers who are deploying. I thought It was going to be a day of getting things done. Getting the soldiers in touch with a tricare rep so that insurance information could be verified. Having the help with putting together a will. Being given orders for this deployment....

Nope.

It ended up being a wasted day of power point presentations on communication, what different options Tricare offers and how to manage money (basically they said to get an IRA).

Power points presentations?
Really army?

Jake and the boys made sure to welcome us to the world of drill weekends.

What a waste.

Monday, Asher had a vet appointment to get his stitches out. His leg is healing so well. His scar, while long, is probably not going to be all that noticeable due to his fur being white and so short.

We found out last night that they forgot to take out one knot from his stitches. It was under a scab and is really small. Now that everything is healed the little purple knot stands out. We are going to keep an eye on it to make sure that it doesn't get covered by skin so we can get it out next Monday when we go back for his 1 month post surgery xray.

He is doing really well. It is sooooooooooo so so so so hard to keep him totally off his leg. He hasn't shown any signs of even noticing that something was wrong with it until last night, when he started limping a little bit.

Even that I think was from the huge thunderstorm that came into our area. What an old broken man our 6 month old puppy is.
Poor baby boy.

On Wednesday, I went with Big Sis to get my hair trimmed.
It was almost to my waistline.
I got 2 inches taken off.....
You can't even tell...
I can't even tell.

Then this past weekend was the epitome of depression time for me. Instead of breaking down and crying or having sleepless nights like normal people, I slept from 10pm until almost 2pm the next day.
Jake wasn't thrilled about it.
Neither was I because even after I got up and showered, all I wanted to do was sleep.
And all that sleeping is just plain sucky. You don't feel rested after, just more tired.

One good thing that happened this past week was that my nephew, SIL's little man Noah, was dedicated at church. It was pretty awesome. After church we all met up at Oma's pool and swam. Big Sis and B-rad came over with P-pod (Paisley) and she went swimming for the first time! It was cool.

So there is a play by play of my week of blog vacancy.
I'm getting my butt back in gear and I'll be cranking out posts just like before.
Bear with me. I have a feeling that sometimes blogging/journaling will be the only real outlet I'll have.


- Posted using BlogPress from Erin's iPad

5 comments:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Hey girl, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been suffering from a bout of depression. That just stinks! I hope things start to get better really soon for you!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Glad to have you back! Sorry to hear you've been dealing with some tough stuff! Hope things start turning around soon!

Grammy Goodwill said...

I'm sorry to hear about your depression. I hope blogging will help you get through this tough time.

Nikki said...

Sorry about your sucky days. This depressing heat probably isn't helping. Maybe we could organize a Columbus bloggers meet up. That might give you something fun to look forward to and some new friends to hang out with during the long time when your hubs is deployed.

ALin said...

When is Jake deploying? I'm pretty sure J's brother-in-law may be in the same unit. Hang in there lady, take extra special care of yourself :)