Home Home Home

July 24, 2011

Life with a broken puppy

First, let me thank my readers. You have been so awesome and supportive. I know that I'll have bad moments, and just knowing that you'll stick around and give awesome words of encouragement really does help.

And those of you who are wondering, we are now returning to our regularly scheduled blogging.

It sure has been an interesting month, in regards to Asher.

Keeping a 5-6 month old puppy from moving is a pretty hard thing to do. Its been rough. And needless to say, we haven't been the best at following the rules to a tee.

Who can honestly keep a 5-6 month puppy kenneled all day and night!?
Not us.
We can't even kennel the pup at night.
Not even when he escapes from us at night and chases the cat when he isn't supposed to be walking.

He's doing pretty great. I'm a little nervous about his appointment Monday. He's getting an x-ray to see how his leg is healing and if the screws have moved any. I'm scared the vet will take one look at the leg and tell us that he has to have another surgery because the screws were moving too much and that his leg is all jacked up.... And that he'll never be allowed off of his restrictions because we are awful pet parents and we deserve to have to carry Asher everywhere or buy one of those pet strollers like the old lady in our apartment complex and push Asher around.

Ok, I know they won't say that. But it's a constant worry of mine.

I'd like to see them take Asher home for a weekend and tell me to kennel him and keep him from doing anything on that leg...

I mean one second he'll be so sweet and cuddly on the couch and the very next second he'll be across the room heading up the stairs after the cat... I've only actually caught him on the fly by once or twice. He's quick. I mean honestly, he's an Italian greyhound...

Key word there; greyhound.

Any prayers that Asher's leg be on the right track would be really awesome and appreciated.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

You're just a good mama and want the best for Asher, and sometimes that comes with a little worry. But you know what, I bet the report tmw will be great, and I can't wait to hear all about how well the little guy is improving :-)

Nikki said...

Prayers going out to you and your pup.

Grammy Goodwill said...

Awww, try not to worry. I know you've done your best. I was just telling my daughter about Asher this week-end.