Home Home Home

May 26, 2011

Positive

I've come to realize that this has become one of the places I unload. I'm sorry for that. I'd like to rectify that situation to tell you about all of the blessings that are going on in my life at the moment.

1. Babies
     I may complain about everyone in my family having them. In truth it's become obvious that once the little buggers are here I fall completely and utterly in love. I know that this will happen each and every time. Paisley was so awesome and will always hold a special place in my heart because she was the first and she was the one whose birth I was the most involved with. Noah has become the most handsome boy I've ever met. That perfect shaped noggin gets me every time. I know that Gabriel and the newest surprise will join these two and I'll become their biggest fan. I mean really, I have to make sure that I get the award for best Aunt EVER. 

2. Finances
     Everything is looking like it's heading for the best. Jake and I are getting on top of things and kicking debt out of our lives. Jake Has decided to switch back to contingent in order to take advantage of the $8 pay difference between that and full time. It's hard to argue with it just to stay in my comfort zone with insurance providers... Or I can just get a job within the university and call it a day. Either way, we can't complain about a pay increase. We can't complain about cheap rent. We just flat out can't complain...

3. Job Hunt
     It's not going. I've not put in the time. I can't complain until I do. I also have until March 2012 to find a new job... I'm going to start putting feelers out now. I've been watching things, just not applying. That will change very soon.

4. Jake's Military Job
     The fact that he's getting deployed is inevitable. The fact that his job once he is deployed requires him to be in a lead box with air conditioning in order to actually do his job makes me feel a lot better. He's going to be safe on base. He's not going to be out on the field. He couldn't have picked a better job. Plus it challenges him and he'll be able to get promoted once he's considered active duty. That's a good thing. (It was a sore spot with his brother getting promoted into the only higher-up spot in the National Guard unit. With deployment and a switch to active duty, anything is game.)

5. Insurance
     At least we have it... And during active duty it's free...

So there you go. Life isn't so bad in the R household. It could be a hell of a lot worse. i just need to remember that.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

That's so funny! I know a Paisley and Noah (they are cousins!) They must be names that are catching on!

**PS. I'm 5'4" and 115 right now. Even when I was 105, I felt like I could still afford to lose a few more lbs. I'll probably never be happy with my weight :)

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Erin, I found your blog at the BeautyBrite HOP, and I totally love your blog style. I especially like your note about how your wedding had to wait a week because of a football game (hehe). I’m definitely a new follower
lifewiththehawleys.blogspot.com